I LOVE Opening Day. It's my favorite celebration (sorry, Christmas). There are many reasons Why Opening Day in Cincinnati is the Best Day of the Year and it's important that leading up to it you read How to Ready Your Kids for Opening Day: The 7 Spring Training Drills They Need to Learn. But now—after months and months of terrible weather called "the off season"—Opening Day is finally here, which means 3 important things:
1. All meals will be eaten out of small, replica batting helmets.
2. Break out the bobbleheads: They are ready to party! (They are also fully aware of the gratuitous product placement and are 100% OK with it).
3. There's a hope in the air that every day, every night, every game something magical will happen and we're able to share it with not only friends, family and people that we love, but also with an entire city. Here's to hope, and to hoping that our season ends just like this:
Happy Baseball Season Everyone! GO REDS!
ORDER NOW (GREAT GIFT FOR DADS):
Oh Boy, You're Having a Girl
(A Dad's Survival Guide to Raising Daughters)
* Subscribe to The Life of Dad via email or RSS feed!
* Also, follow me on Twitter @BrianKlems. I promise to occasionally say funny things.