May 23, 2012

My Littlest 1 Year Old

Happy birthday to my little Ms. Mia Tortilla. It seems like only yesterday I introduced you to the world (and The Life of Dad universe) and dished out your stats. But an entire year has passed, leaving me amazed at how much you've grown. You've accomplished a lot during your first year as a pivotal member of Team Klems, including:
  • Sitting up
  • Standing
  • Walking
  • Grabbing your diaper out from under you when we're trying to change you
  • Saying "Dad" when you're talking to Dad
  • Saying "Mom" when you're talking to Dad
  • Sleeping through the night
  • Eating solid(ish) foods
  • Talking on the phone to your BFFs, who also happen to be your sisters (and thankfully for us, we have 17-hundred play phones around the house, so you are able to take their calls no matter where you are.)
  • Giving hugs and kisses
  • Waving
  • And, most important, smiling and laughing (Your laughs are contagious and one of my favorite parts of every day).
While I'm on a quest to accomplish a Year of Amazing things, nothing will ever top the breathtaking amazement you (and your sisters) brought into my life1. If this first year is any indication of years to come, you're on a road to a life of Life of Amazing. That makes me smile.

Year two starts now. I can't wait to watch you grow and see what you accomplish next. Just promise me two things: 1) You'll continue our crusade to eliminate the designated hitter from baseball and 2) You won't grow up too fast.

1And I've met Barry Larkin in person, so that's saying a lot. 

*****  
* Subscribe to The Life of Dad via email or RSS feed!  
* Also, follow me on Twitter @BrianKlems. I promise to occasionally say funny things. 
 

6 comments:

TC Avey said...

They grow up sooo fast!

Baby Gifts said...

Kids hay, who would have them. I would! lets just say that your Blog post had me in stitches, very funny indeed. I will most definitely return.

Jon said...

My wife is due any day now, and I think my biggest fear is my kids growing up ha ha

New Dad Exp said...

Kids just need to stay little! (:

Pareesha from The FunSpunge said...

So precious! Happy (belated) birthday Mia! We'd be happy to send over some samples of our FunSpunge, the bathtime headband, for your little ones, Brian. We'd love to have you evaluate them for your wonderful blog! Let me know if you'd be interested. :)

Many thanks,

Pareesha N.
pareesha@thefunspunge.com

Adelaide Palerma said...

Do not know how to select a proper topic for you paper? Check this guide https://persuasivepapers.com/how-to-select-a-topic-for-an-essay/ to make it clear!