December 16, 2011

Christmas Letter of Recommendation to Santa

Santa Claus
North Pole
cc: mrs.claus@gmail.com


Dear Santa,

How's it going at The North Pole? Participated in any flash mobs this year? Based on the increased number of Christmas specials on TBS, I'd have to think you have royalty checks overflowing your workshop. Hope the reindeer don't eat them.

Anywho, it's my pleasure to write you today and ask that you do, in fact, place my daughters on the Nice List. It's been an emotional year, one that's seen some loved ones bow out and new loved ones bow in. But all in all, save a few incidents of hair-pulling and not abiding by the rules of seat-check, our girls have been great. I'd like to tell you about it in this Christmas Letter of Recommendation.

Our eldest, Ella, is in her second year of preschool (which she loves). She comes home most days sharing what she's learned with us, like sign language, silly songs and jokes that, we're pretty sure, she's just making up. They make us laugh anyway. She worked really hard to write all her birthday thank-you cards by herself and can now do basic math, just like her old (yet incredibly handsome) dad.

My middle daughter, Anna, had a monumental year this year, becoming potty trained right around her second birthday. She was so happy. So were we. So were the blue M&Ms who had been living in fear during the potty training process and had been eaten at such an alarming rate that they started to hide—in our couch cushions, under the refrigerator, in plants, in pockets, up noses—anywhere they could to save their lives. She also learned how to spell her own name. Her Mom and I can no longer pass secrets notes about her anymore. Though, usually, those notes were about how much we love her, so we'll probably still pass them.

My newest daughter, Mia, is still just a babe at 6 months, but she is a smiley one. Her recent accomplishments include eating solids (that are anything but solid), sitting up on her own, and shaking her rattle so hard it slips out and sails at least 8 feet. Sounds like someone wants matching father-daughter softball gear for Christmas. That someone is me. She'd probably be fine with a hoverboard.

And, while my wife didn't ask for it, I'm going to put in a good word for her too. She's dealt with a lot of adversity this year and somehow, someway still finds time to wear those god-awful thermal PJs that I hate so much. I hope you take care of her by putting big smiles on our kids' faces—I know that's the gift she wants most of all.

As for me, I don't need anything. Just a loving family who gives me hugs when I need them will do. And for that, I will continue to be awesome.

I hope all is well and Mrs. Claus gets you that new Star Wars Blu-Ray set you've been wanting. If not, let me know. I'll get it for you so long as you take those thermal PJs back with you to the North Pole.

Thank you and Merry Christmas,
Brian A. Klems
Founder, CEO and Janitor of Team Klems

4 comments:

:Donna said...

Hearing about you and your family always brings a smile to my face, and I know that some of that credit goes to your humor :)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Thanks for sharing your sweet family with us.

Richard Majece said...

I recommend you to visit https://writemyessay4me.org/blog/how-to-make-a-class-entertaining if you want to learn more about entertaining classes. It was useful for some teachers I know.

meldaresearch said...

Finding the best healthcare assignment writing services and Medical Assignment Writing Services is not easy unless one is keen to establish a reliable custom medical research paper provider & medical writing service help online