- Sitting up
- Grabbing your diaper out from under you when we're trying to change you
- Saying "Dad" when you're talking to Dad
- Saying "Mom" when you're talking to Dad
- Sleeping through the night
- Eating solid(ish) foods
- Talking on the phone to your BFFs, who also happen to be your sisters (and thankfully for us, we have 17-hundred play phones around the house, so you are able to take their calls no matter where you are.)
- Giving hugs and kisses
- And, most important, smiling and laughing (Your laughs are contagious and one of my favorite parts of every day).
Year two starts now. I can't wait to watch you grow and see what you accomplish next. Just promise me two things: 1) You'll continue our crusade to eliminate the designated hitter from baseball and 2) You won't grow up too fast.
1And I've met Barry Larkin in person, so that's saying a lot.
* Subscribe to The Life of Dad via email or RSS feed!
* Also, follow me on Twitter @BrianKlems. I promise to occasionally say funny things.